TraderGordo

A blog to share my thoughts about trading, frugal living, money and the economy. Occasionally I might even throw in a few things about better living, technology, futurism, and science but these are always in some way related to finances or speculation.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Phoenixville, Pennsylvania, United States

"I have become all things to all men so that by all possible means I might save some."
-Paul

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Welcome

Hello, I am an avid market participant and hobby economist of sorts. I study all things economic, and have made a living as a professional trader full time and part time. More about me can be found here:

http://marketvvizard.tripod.com/

I am also interested in a wide variety of things including science, invention, alternative energy, lucid dreaming, the Bible, gardening, orcharding, bee keeping, cooking, the Great Outdoors, travel, home theater, frugal living, making money, and saving money!

I don't pretend to be a know-it-all, and no, I do not consider myself a "wizard". I am CONSTANTLY learning, and will be for all eternity! In fact, I believe one key to success is an unquenchable thirst for knowledge, discovery, and truth. This impacts many aspects of my life, not just trading.

I am unashamedly Christian. What does this mean? Simply stated - I believe that Jesus Christ died for my sins, and that only though faith in him, can one be forgiven, and therefore made clean in God's eyes. This is the one and only way to heaven. Many of us try to do the right thing as often as possible, to help others, and to live a "good" life - I think that is all great, and I try to live my life this way too - but we ALL fall short. We are sinners (which is a nicer way of saying we are all pretty much scumbags of varying degrees, that's right, there is no such thing as a "good" person) and we all need forgiveness. If you have any interest in learning more, I suggest you read the Bible for yourself and find out what Jesus said, and what he did.

2 Comments:

Blogger The Market Speculator said...

So if you live a good and ethical life, but are not Christian, you can't get into heaven? That makes a lot of sense . . .

3:35 PM  
Blogger TraderGordo said...

Heh, didn't intend to start a theological debate. But in a nutshell, I believe what Jesus said, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

Even someone who appears to live a "good and ethical life" is not good enough for God, which is precisely why he sent us Christ as an opportunity for forgiveness to anyone who wants the free gift.

It is interesting that independent secular research (posted in a subsequent article above) indicates that Christians are "happier". So not only do you get a free ticket to heaven, but you get happiness on Earth - seems like a pretty good return on investment to me!

4:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home